Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another Republican NOT Challenging Gillibrand

Adios, Senor

From NBC's Mark Murray

You can add Republican Dan Senor to the growing list of Democrats and Republicans who have decided NOT to challenge NY Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D), following Harold Ford Jr., Mort Zuckerman, and Rudy Giuliani.

Senor's statement:

"Over the past few weeks, I took a very serious look at running for the Senate seat in New York," Senor said in a statement. "I ultimately decided this wasn't the right time in my family and business life for me to run."

Senor added, "I was privileged to meet so many thoughtful, impressive, and energetic people as I explored this race, and I was very gratified by their enthusiasm. I will continue to look for ways to advance the policy debate here in New York, especially on issues that I am most concerned about: America's declining economic competitiveness, skyrocketing deficits and taxes, a national security strategy that is drifting and a morally equivalent foreign policy that is troubling."

And he concluded, "There are a number of terrific opportunities for Republicans in 2010 -- including in this Senate race -- and I will lend a hand wherever I can be helpful. I love this state, and I intend to stay involved in matters that affect it."

No comments:

Post a Comment